Backpacker® Interior Lifts are specifically engineered for scooter and power chair transportation, while providing concealment and weather protection for your mobility product.
The low-profile, one-piece design, allows for easy loading and unloading of your mobility product –simply drive on and off the all-steel constructed platform.
Features include a durable 12-volt motor with easy-to-use two button hand control for simple and reliable operation.
Most applications do not require drilling or vehicle modification and include a quick install kit of ease of installation.
Features and Benefits
- Adjustable platform for smaller SUVs 42″-34″
- Removable, front drive panel for easier serviceability
- Adjustable wheel chocks on the platform surface
- New, angled low-profile platform
- Easy-to-use two button hand control
- Can lift a wide range of Pride® Scooters and Power Chairs and other manufacturers’ mobility devices
- 350 lbs. lifting capacity
- Fits into SUVs with a 31″ opening height
- Manual override
|Base Weight1||193 lbs.|
|Maximum Mobility Product Overall Weight2||350 lbs.|
|Maximum Mobility Product Width||27″|
|Overall Platform Length||42″ – 34″ adjustable
(41″ – 33″ usable surface)
|Maximum Travel Distance From the Ground||37″|
|Motor||Sealed 12 volt DC|
|Options||Battery pack w/charger|
|Vehicle Platform||Full-size van, Minivan, SUV and Crossover|
1 Does not include any accessories or hardware.
2 Lifting weight does not include accessories or certain upgraded seating. Please contact Customer Service for greater detail.
The information contained herein is correct at the time of publication; we reserve the right to alter specifications without prior notice.
- The addition of the power source eliminates the need for wires to be run from the lift to the automobile battery when installed, thus reducing installation time, cost, and complexity
- All of Pride’s power lifts (except the Olympian) have the option of selecting their own 12 volt power supply which easily recharges by plugging the unit into any standard wall outlet. Each charge lasts approximately 150 cycles*
- Lifts may be wired to the vehicle’s power supply upon request.
- By using the battery pack option, the lifts can be easily transferred from one vehicle to another
*Tested under ideal conditions using 325 lb. Scooter. Cycles per charge may vary depending on various factors such as scooter or power chair weight and climate.
Multi-Purpose Battery Pack
- Industry first and industry exclusive!
- Easy installation
- Integrated smart charging system, will not drain your vehicle’s battery
- Charges the mobility device from the lift as you drive
- No hardwiring, just plug into auxiliary power outlet
- Trickle charge battery every time vehicle turns on
- Converts vehicle’s 12v system to a mobility device’s 24v system
- Compatible with Backpacker Series
- Charge your Pride Lift Battery Pack in your home by plugging into a standard 120 VAC electrical outlet
- Color changing LED shows when the Battery Pack is fully charged
- Mounting base plate makes it easy to charge anywhere
Meeting and Exceeding High Standards for your Peace of Mind.
Your Pride product has undergone thorough product testing to ensure safety, durability and performance.
Our power chairs, scooters and lift chairs are Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approved medical products that require specific testing prior to release for public use.
The testing requirements accepted by the FDA were developed by the American National Standards Institute/Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technology Society of North America (ANSI/RESNA).
The tests are conducted in accordance with the requirements of the ANSI/RESNA Test Standards and complement an additional stringent testing regiment developed by Pride’s Research & Development Team.
All products have passed, and in many cases, exceeded test criteria set forth, assuring the high level of quality synonymous with Pride.
Some of the items our testing criteria include are:
- Product Stability & Brakes Effectiveness Tests
- Fatigue & Impact Strength Verification Tests
- Overall Product Performance Verification
- Dimensional Requirement Compliance
- Product Durability & Reliability Testing
- Material Protective Coating Testing Verification
- Misuse and Abuse Testing
- Ergonomic Verification
- Environmental Testing for Adverse Weather Operation Conditions
- Electronic Systems Performance and Durability
- Chemical and Bio-Contamination Analysis Testing for Toxicity Verification
- Cal 117 Flammability Test Compliance for Seating Foam and Fabric Components
- UL94VO Flammability Testing for Compliance of Plastic Components
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- 3-year transferable warranty
- Click here for more information.